Lying between the mighty Danube River and the spectacular Tatra Mountains, Slovakia has much more to offer than just the thousand-year-old capital, Bratislava.
In Slovakia we recommend:
- A walking tour of Bratislava with a local guide
- A boat trip on the Danube
- A visit to the famous blue pottery factory Majolika
- A fun day out at the water park in Senec
- Exploring the UNESCO World Heritage site of Banksa Stiavnica, an old medieval mini town with Renaissance palaces, 16th century churches, elegant squares and castles.
- A day trip to nearby Vienna, Austria
To reach Bratislava
- Allow 18 hours from Calais by coach
- Nearest airport: Bratislava